Thank you for considering a donation to the ReesSpecht Life Foundation!
The ReesSpecht Life Foundation was officially founded in 2013 after the loss of our Son, Richard Edwin-Ehmer Specht to a tragic drowning accident in our backyard pond in October of 2012.
Our charitable mission includes the following:
- Providing $1000 scholarships to local High School Seniors who demonstrate a commitment to community, compassion and respect. As of June 2015 11 scholarships will have been awarded to Seniors from the Smithtown, Sachem, Longwood and Three Village School Districts.
- The ReesSpecht Life Foundation has teamed up with End Drowning Now to raise funds for school shows that promote water safety. Our new, ReesSpecht the Water Campaign, will help raise funds and perform these shows as well as provide swim lesson scholarships called “Kids Helping Kids Learn to Swim” for families who cannot afford them.
- The foundation provides meals and sundries for local families who have suffered tragedy in their lives. If you know of a local family in the Suffolk County area and wish to nominate them for assistance, please contact the foundation at 631-353-9924 or email [email protected]
- The foundation awards Teacher grants with a total value of $750 dollars to schools who show a commitment to our ideals of community, compassion and respect. Three grants were awarded in 2015 to the Rocky Point, Middle Country and Longwood School Districts
- The foundation has distributed over 280,000 “Pay it forward cards” to every continent on Earth. The cards cost nothing to order (though shipping does apply to orders over 15 cards) and they are completely paid for by your donations. The goal of the foundation is summed up in the cards: To make this world a better place, one Rees’ piece at a time.
Your donations are highly appreciated and help fund all of our charitable endeavors:)
Our IRS Form 990n is available upon request.
Please click on the button below to go directly to Paypal or make a check out to “ReesSpecht Life” and send it to PO Box 1484 Miller Place, NY 11764
All donations are tax deductible, since we are a registered 501(c)(3) non profit organization.
Our federal tax ID number (EIN) is 46-3879296